We’re hiring an experienced graphic designer! We have a FT temporary position available designing for Artslandia Magazine from June 19th-August 4th. 40hrs a week/In house.
- Work cooperatively with the publisher to create beautiful publications and print projects and a first class brand for Artslandia. Reports to owner and creative director.
- Design and produce Artslandia and Artslandia at the Performance, Artslandia Kids and Artslandia Kids at the Performance print magazines.
- Design and produce custom marketing communication (print & digital) pieces for a wide variety of clients.
- Collaborate with creative team, internal account teams and clients to develop creative solutions.
- Manage production of all print pieces from conception to completion.
- Proactively recommend creative communications for marketing proposals.
- Provide accurate estimates to meet client budgets while maintaining pricing guidelines and generating revenue.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Design of custom marketing communication pieces including overall theme development, individual piece designs, etc.
- Partner with internal business partners as needed on the development of communications pieces.
- Attend press checks as needed.
- Maintain quality check on all pieces.
- Deliver the communication package within the agreed upon budget and timeline.
- Process vendor invoices through design management spreadsheet.
- Creatively seek out new products and maintain cutting edge industry knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of graphic design experience with print high-end magazines
- Minimum 2 years publishing experience designing multi page layouts with heavy text
- Excellent knowledge in graphic production process.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high-level sense of design, layout and typography experience.
- Broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Adaptable and quick learner.
- Must be able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity.
- Experience with and knowledge of Performing Arts in the City of Portland: Music, Dance, Theater
- Graphic Design degree, preferred.
Submit a cover letter, resume and work sample to email@example.com
Established in 2006, Artslandia Publishing, formerly known as Playbills NW, exists as both a leading creative firm and publishing house. Artslandia publishes Artslandia, Artslandia at the Performance, Artslandia, Kids and Artslandia Kids at the Performance.
Artslandia’s mission is to connect and expose our readers to all music, dance and theatre our vibrant city has to offer and inspire them to discover thought provoking performances that enliven them to become lifelong patrons of the arts.
Our current client list is comprised of the most well-known and celebrated arts organizations in Portland. We represent music, dance and theatre companies across the metropolitan area as publishing clients and provide the most comprehensive performing arts coverage in the city.