Job Title: Online Content Curator-Ballet
The primary function of a content curator is to aid in surfacing the best content and conversations around the art form of ballet to populate the website for our new title En Face Magazine. The curator will have excellent editorial judgment, strong knowledge of the ballet world, and a demonstrated understanding of the ways editorial can elevate our clients to our audience. As a content curator at En Face Magazine, you will manage (edit and publish) curated content submitted by our clients into informative and eye-catching articles that our audience craves to read.
The ideal candidate is creative, forward-thinking, task-driven, and highly organized. This individual must have a passion for ballet and the focus and drive to discover excellent partner content to share and amplify on our platform. The content curator will be a crucial storyteller, ready to promote En Face through digital media, including video (live and pre-produced), audio, photo, social, web, and written platforms. The successful candidate will also produce content that educates and engages all stakeholder audiences, including ballet organizations. They will possess excellent writing, content development, and social media experience, including the design, development, and execution of digital communications campaigns and content for both internal and external use.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Curate best-in-class content, including creator, entertainment, and video content from various publishers, public figures, influencers, and most importantly, prestigious ballet organizations worldwide.
- Identify cultural trends across a broad range of culturally relevant topics.
- Develop strategy and create plans for events and cultural moments
- Collaborate with our social teams to create buzz and energy around our clients
- Edit 20+ articles/week
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar, and syntax;
- Ensure SEO practices are implemented in all articles published;
- Review pitches and provide feedback when needed;
- Lead editorial meetings;
- Organize and contribute to monthly content planning meetings with relevant ballet organization partners
- Participate in creative development and brainstorming of visual content.
- Discover what’s new by meeting with Project Managers to uncover the stories we should be sharing
- Edit content to ensure coherence, style, accuracy, grammatical correctness, and adherence to brand and editorial guidelines.
- Develop editorial playbooks that outline content strategy objectives, editorial approach, messaging, narrative, tone of voice, and copywriting guidance.
- Input on measurement needs and review measurement analyses to identify how content is performing and moving the needle for En Face Magazine, and making recommendations on iterations to fine-tune the editorial approach.
- Work with the Project Managers, Social Media Team on editorial briefings directly with clients to build the framework of stories we want to tell on social and lead ongoing story mining to develop content calendars.
- Manage content development, publishing, and community management
- Maintain an editorial calendar, ensuring that programming is strategically-timed and that it supports vital product launches
- Source and facilitate outreach to a diverse cast of creators to be featured across all our digital channels
- Develop and edit video production briefs and scripts with creators
- Deliver comprehensive reporting and measurement monthly
- Oversee on-site social media strategies and execution at significant events and conferences
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all business objectives
EXPECTATION & SKILLS:
- Experience in journalism or social media
- Knowledge of video and digital news
- Excellent skill in writing and editorial strategy
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent command of English;
- Writing, copy editing, and proofreading experience;
- Good grasp of the online publishing concepts;
- Knowledge of SEO and industry best practices;
- Practical knowledge with the ability to learn quickly;
- Driven to achieve goals through hard work;
- Good communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail and capability of producing flawless work.
- Previous editing experience is a plus.
- Organizational and project management experience
- Experience managing an editorial content calendar
- Deep understanding of the creator ecosystem and social trends
- Experience with social media measurement and analytics tools
- Experience managing response to public issues via social and a sense of judgment around corporate tone
This is a full-time remote position. Compensation is $55,000 + Bonuses.
- Matching 401k
- Health. Vision. Dental.
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org