Literary Arts is excited to announce the 2019/2020 season of Portland Arts & Lectures. For the past 34 years, this series has brought the world’s most celebrated writers to engage with the local community, helping connect with one another through a shared literary experience. This year, Literary Arts is proud to host:
- George Packer, staff writer for The New Yorker and author of the National Book Award-winning The Unwinding, will join us on October 24. His new book Our Man: Richard Holbrooke and the End of the American Century will be published on May 1, 2019.
- Amor Towles, author of the New York Times best seller A Gentleman in Moscowand Rules of Civility, will join us on November 14.
- Min Jin Lee, author of Pachinko, a finalist for the National Book Award for Fiction and a New York Times 10 Best Books of 2017, will join us on January 15.
- Susan Orlean, staff writer for The New Yorker and author of eight books, including the New York Times best seller The Library Book, will join us on February 20.
- Colson Whitehead, author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Underground Railroad will close the season on May 7. His most recent book, The Nickel Boys, will be published on June 3, 2019.
Subscriptions to this five-part series start at just $90. The series has sold out for the last six seasons, and the deadline to renew is Friday, May 31. Subscribe today and join us next season as we welcome these incredible writers to Portland.