Artslandia seeks an experienced full-time Project Manager: Publications to join its small yet dynamic Publications Team, which collectively oversees the playbill publishing and digital projects for performing arts organizations across the country. This person will manage all aspects of production, related to the physical details of publication titles. The Project Manager will coordinate logistics of all playbill materials from start to finish and serve as a liaison between Artslandia and outside vendors including printers, designers, shippers/delivery services, and performing arts partners. The candidate must be detail-oriented, fastidious, and customer service-driven. This position answers to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with arts clients to understand and find solutions to their needs and objectives
- Onboarding and training external partners to the Artslandia processes and systems
- Establishing and monitoring production schedules and budgets, confirming approval of with external clients
- Projecting workload and building resource plans, including identifying needs for outside vendors; identifying and escalating issues that require management attention
- Organizes and coordinates operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Tracking/preparing all incoming and outgoing deliveries to and from suppliers
- Coordinate freight forwarding and shipping
- Obtaining competitive printing pricing on projects
- Researching new printers and staying up to date on materials
- Checks accuracy of all printing invoices against original printer bid
- Communicating with vendors and resolving quality issues as needed
- Gather all advertiser artwork for each publication
- Automate artwork reminder messages to advertisers
- Track open ad space in each publication and communicate this to the sales team
- Organizing advertising files for designers
- Ensuring adherence to corporate branding and quality standards
- Auditing partner collaboration requirements to ensure they are met
- Maintaining Master Publication documents
- Maintains internal proofing system of publications
- Audits all production dates on all internal and external documents for accuracy
- Maintains the accuracy of media kit information
- Monitors projects to ensure all aspects are completed on time and in an efficient and productive manner to increase profits and reduce the waste of resources.
- Nurtures and enriches all external perceptions of the company and growth of market share.
- Works with Social Media Manager to schedule project-related posts
- Manages schedule of client eblast, social posts as related to Artslandia content and records deployment metrics
- Creates and manages digital versions of publications
- Deploys digital playbill emails to subscriber lists
- Manages giveaways associated with assigned arts clients
- A minimum of three years of experience in magazine print production
- A skilled manager who can motivate a team across locations to deliver excellence under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Must have a solid understanding of all stages of magazine publishing including estimating, scheduling, prepress, color correcting, and printing and binding techniques and materials
- Must be a highly organized self-motivated team player who is flexible and able to prioritize a busy workload
- Meet in-house publication standards and quality control expectations
- Ability to complete work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within the department, as well as liaise with other internal departments.
- Strong print and graphics production experience is required
- Advanced/expert knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Creative Suite; interest in technology and ability to learn new software/systems
- Advanced knowledge of document production and file version control systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to plan, assess priorities, and meet objectives; strong time management and problem-solving aptitude
Starting salary commiserate with experience + Bonus Structure AND the ability to work remotely.
401(k) + matching
To apply please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position closes on April 30, 2022.